I am not finished with this yet, but decided I would post what I have done so far. I started with the eyelet and then made bigger interlocking circles with them. Then I practiced on the detached buttonhole, this stitch will make pretty leafs and flowers. I need more practice though. The knotted buttonhole really had me stumped. I kept wrapping my thread around the needle the wrong way. I finally got the hang of it. I tried the buttonhole needlelace. Not to bad for my first try at it, but I need to practice more. Then the Enchroaching buttonhole. I didn't get my spacing just right but it has been fun learning. I plan to do the closed, and crossed buttonhole and then I will finish the bottom with a scalloped hem. I will draw scallop shapes on the fabric edges then work over the outline in buttonhole stitch and carefully cut away the fabric. I may add the blanket fan on the sides of my piece. My plans are to make all my stitches into a fabric book at the end of the year. I also am continuing my color study with each piece. I chose a purple background and using the compliment (yellow green) for the threads. On my herringbone sampler I chose an Aqua green background and the compliment for that was red , so I used different shades and tints of red.