In one of my groups I belong we started what is called CQ A-Z Study. Below is the block I made for this project. I have always wanted to be able to make a balanced block. So I chose for my theme Victorian. So I copied on paper the motifs I wanted to put on this block and put them where I want them to be. So below is what I've gotten done so far.
I thought since I would be doing some goldwork on this block that I would add some gold colored sequins and beads to kind of highlight the center of the flower on the lace.
Then I used Krenik Japanese Gold thread to make the spider web. I couched the gold with Krenik Cord. I will be adding some leaves and flowers along the top and sides of the web. I am working on the spider going to try to make my first stumpwork spider. We will see how that turns out.