Well, now that I get the color scheme beside my block I seem to notice I picked the wrong colors, the light blue showing in my block was suppose to be the second color from the left of the color scheme. I guess the night I picked my fabrics I must have been to tired to tell the difference. The camera turned the blue violet color(the first in the color scheme) to look like a blue. Believe me you can see the violet color in it in person. And the last color on the color scheme, I didn't have that color so I used a white. So this is my finished block for the first challenge Sharon gave us. Now to find the threads and goodies to embelish it, maybe I will have better selection of getting the colors right with the embellishing.
I also wanted to share with you of why the silky was appliqued onto the green. I bought Carolyn Cibic of Evening Star Designs book of learning to cq with silkies. This silky was given to me from a friend and I wanted to use it on this challenge block, so I just appliqued it to the green fabric and then used Carolyns template to cut it to the size I needed.
Also I had read on either Pat Winters blog or Allie Aller's blog that to prevent your silky from sagging to cut out a piece of batting and put under the silky. So that's what I did, as you can see below, I cut the batting smaller than the silky then appliqued it down.