Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Learning Stumpwork

I have been wanting to learn stumpwork so I had a great opportunity of buying two of Jane Nicholas' book from Patricia. My first project will be out of the Stumpwork Embroidery A Collection of Fruits, Flowers and Insects for Contemporary Raised Embroidery. One of the first things is to make buttonhole pad. So here is the pad I made.


I had made this block just playing with different ways to make a block and decided this would be my block to practice new techniques with.

Here I traced the pattern onto some quilting paper and stitched the outline of the pattern.


Here's what it looked like after I took the quilting paper off.

Here I'm beginning the stitching. I can't wait to have the time to get it finished. I

Done the satin stitch to fill in the leaves.

This is as far as I have gotten so far. Will post more pics of my progess of learning to do stumpwork. Hopefully I will be able to work on it some more soon.

No comments: