Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pieces of Friendship

If you're a follower of Pat Winters you know that she started a Pieces of Friendship swap. I have been admiring these little 4 inch beauties. I didn't sign up , but I decided to give it a try. The photo below was playing with fabric stamps and paints. I had already done two different versions and used that bonding agent,,can't think of the name,,,and sandwiched some stiff pillon or something. lol I am so bad with remembering names. Anyways I had the front and back glued together. I believe it was 007 bonding agent is what I used. I had already cut out a few puzzle pieces before I realized hey if I cut these just right it will look like putting a real puzzle together. So here is the front.


And here is the back.

Here are the random pieces I cut out before I realized the plan. lol

Of course I still need to stitch around the edges. But I had fun with these..Then I got to thinking
hey you've got to have puzzle edges to make a complete puzzle so I started playing again.


My beginning of a puzzle quiltlet. This has been a blast. Can you believe each piece is only 4 inches?
If you would like to see what everyone has been doing with these little beauties, you can check them out here.

4 comments:

Kathy Raker said...

Thelma, your puzzle pieces are so cute. You are on your way to a complete puzzle. I do like how they fit together just like a real puzzle. I too wanted to try them but didn't want to sign up in fear I couldn't accomplish the task. I am exchanging two with a friend who had the same feelings.

Karen said...

Really nice Thelma, you're coming up with some interesting stuff that I've never seen before vbg I'm getting an education :)

Thelma said...

Thank you so much Kathy and Karen.
Karen,the puzzle pieces themselves weren't my idea. Pat Winters either came up with the idea or she got it from somewhere else. Can't remember. But I did come up with the puzzle ends. Or at least my version of them. lol. I thought you got to have end pieces to finish your puzzle.But someone else may have already come up with that idea to. You never know. I'm sure they probably have.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Thelma, your puzzle pieces are wonderful! You should sign up. You only have to send four pieces. Think about it ok?
Hugs,Pat