Friday, February 9, 2007

TAST Alegerian Eye Stitch


Here is this weeks TAST stitch. I used YLI art silk that my good friend Judyth sent to me. I used 6 strands. Keeping with my color study since it was a green background the compliment of green is Magenta,(using the Ives color wheel) so this silk just happened to be that color. It goes nicely with the flowers on the background too. This was so much fun. This is the first time for me to do a seam treatment. I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and went for it. Now I plan on catching up and putting the past weeks stitches on this block. This block is from the pics below that my quilt guild made for me. I have only made one CQ block, and that block is still not embellished yet. LOL That reminds me, in March I am taking Susan Brittingham's To Bead or Not to Bead class. Can't wait! I have never beaded before so this will be great for my CQ blocks.

No comments: