Monday, February 5, 2007

Carol Miller's Creative Color Class


Wow! What a learning experience this has been. In our first lesson we were to make a color wheel with primaries, tints, shades, and tones. Talk about having to dig through my stash. I used Joen Wolfrom 3 in 1 color tool, picked out my fabric that had as close to pure colors for my primaries. Then shades, then tones. I had to go through my stash completely to find all the colors I needed. There are some silk fabrics in here, I was so glad I was able to come up with all I needed. If you are not familiar with color ,a tint is your pure color with white added to it. A shade is your pure color with black added to it. A tone is your pure color with grey added to it. This is a fantastic class for me in learning more about color. I was able to use some of my hand dye fabric too. But not all cause a lot of them were colors not on this color wheel. I started with yellow, yellow green, green, blue green, blue, blue violet, violet, red violet, purple, red, orange, and yellow orange. Once I get my fabric dyed like I am wanting to do, I will be able to do a complete color wheel using all hand dyes. Can't wait. Will post as soon as I get them done. When I get those done then my color wheel will consist of yellow, chartreuse, yellow green, spring green green, blue green, aqua green, aqua blue, turquoise, cerulean blue, blue, blue violet, violet, red violet, purple, fuchsia, magenta, blue red, red, orange red, orange, yellow orange, orange yellow and golden yellow. There will be some work in getting this one done.

No comments: